Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chipotle Turkey Burgers with Avocado Mayo

This will be a short post since I have school work to do that I've been kind of neglecting, 2 kittens who seem to have more energy than I do and a never ending appetite, and a few recipes that I have to find and try out for this weekend. 

I'm actually not a big red meat eater when compared to my dad, but I do like a good burger and a rare-medium steak, and of course I love BBQ, but those things aren't always that good for you. So that is why I like to eat veggie burgers, but I don't ever remember eating a turkey burger, so I decided to make a recipe since we had some turkey in the freezer. I based this recipe somewhat off this Southwestern Black Bean Burger recipe and I decided to make an avocado mayo to oppose the heat from the chipotle. 

These burgers have a kick from the chipotle, sweetness from the corn, and a creamy finish from the avocado mayo.

Chipotle Turkey Burgers with Avocado Mayo
                                              Created by Rayna of Curious Country Cook
                                                            serves: 4-5 burgers


Burger
1 lb ground turkey
1 Chipotle in adobo pepper, chopped (1 tbsp)
1/4 onion, chopped
1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped I used a yellow bell
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup corn, canned & drained
salt
black pepper

Avocado Mayo
1 avocado, ripe
1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2-1 tbsp mayo
lots of pepper
salt, to taste

Burger:
In a medium bowl, combine all everything except the turkey until combined. Add in the turkey and mix until the seasoning mixture is evenly incorporated, but be careful not to over mix the meat. Divide the mixture into  patties and chill in the fridge until ready to cook.

Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and spray with nonstick spray or a little veg oil. Once hot, add in the burger and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.

Serve on hamburger bun (or bread of choice) with a spoonful of the avocado mayo and toppings of choice like cheese, tomato, lettuce.

Mayo:
Using a small food processor or by hand, puree the avocado, lemon juice, garlic, and mayo. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a small container and store in the fridge until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment